Hey all! I hope everyone is staying healthy and staying home as we are these days. One thing I've been doing to add some structure to my day and as something to look forward to every week is adding little 'rewards' to my schedule. Some of them are items that help with mental health, some of them are just plain fun, and some are both! I shared this on instagram, but thought I'd also keep track here so that I could offer up more info and links on some of these activities.
On top of these little moments, I'm making sure to drink plenty of water and tea, meditate, do some kind of movement (yoga, dancing, workouts, whatever!) and getting outside. I'm also giving myself grace when it comes to work right now. I have moments of focus in the morning, but have started to lose it a bit more by the afternoon, and that's when I have scheduled time for some of these activities.
For some insight on a few of these...
- Gratitude Journal: If you don't do this every day, try doing it at least once a week. If you don't journal, that's cool. I like to lay in bed in the morning and just thank the universe for my health, my family, my shelter, wine... you get the idea.
- CSA basket: We signed up with Full Circle Farms as they have the ability to customize (to a certain extent) your basket, and also offer meat, dairy, pantry, etc. They pay living wages to their farmers and have been around for a long time! If you're interested in signing up, use my code CASS3593 to get an additional $15 credit!
- Takeout Tuesday: In support of our favorite local restaurants we are trying to do take-out once a week or so, from trusted places who we know are being responsible in making, packaging and distributing their delicious menus!
- Mental Health Day: For me, this week it was no news day. I stopped listening to the information (and the mis-information) for an entire day, just to get out of the headspace of numbers and fear. Highly recommend! You could make this one a regular!
- Foraged Flowers: Me and my clippers took a little walk around the neighborhood to find blooms up for grabs, and discovered some quince in the alley! I put the branches in some water to bloom!
- Wine & Walk: I suppose this could also be whine and walk with a friend - if you need to vent by the end of the week! Either way, pick a friend and schedule a time to walk in person (distancing!) or on the phone, with wine in hand! I put a little wine in a to-go cup last week and walked over to the park by our house. This week I may have to nix the walking part, but either way - a little Friday Happy Hour is good for the soul!
- Rest & Assess: Give yourself a break from reality! Binge watch some TV, sleep in. Sleep all day! Take a bubble bath. Consider Saturday your moment for Self Care. This may help you clear your mind and check in with yourself about where you're at. What are you feeling? What do you need to ask for from friends, family or a partner? What could you use more of in the coming week - a book to read? A person to check in with daily? A dance party? Listen to yourself, and make your list for the next week!
Any activities you'd add to the list? I've already made mine for this week, and have a few ideas saved for the weeks to come!