I've officially declared February the month of Self Love, and that means one thing: self care! If you'd like to join me in a month-long lovefest of thyself, then here's a good place to start: What's in your skincare lineup these days? Better yet, when was the last time you indulged in a little facial, or mani pedi, or bubble bath? To really commit to pampering myself in the next 23 days, I've already scheduled a hair cut & color (today!), a body wrap and facial (next week!), and have a few other fun things up my sleeve that I plan on sharing with you too.
But back to the topic at hand: your skin.
I am incredibly guilty of not dousing myself in enough lotion throughout the winter. Or drinking enough water. But my face? Oh, my lord is it spoiled. When I turned 30, I immediately started investing more in my skincare regimen. Since then I've honed in on my go-to products and favorite skincare lines to create an assortment that takes up quite a good portion of my dresser.
So, first things first: While I'm calling this my winter skincare lineup, the truth is that I use most of these items throughout the year, no matter the season. But some of them become much more essential in the winter! Secondly: I don't use all of these products every day. So let me break it down for you:
- Sunday Riley Autocorrect Eye Cream: I like to use it during the day to give my eyes a little brightening whenever they need it! I dab a bit on before makeup in the morning, but it's also just as effective midday over makeup.
- Fresh Rose Cleansing Foam: I've gone through so many cleansers, but this is my current favorite. It's super gentle, but effective, and I love a good foam! I use this whenever I'm washing my face out of the shower.
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum: This product is amazing. You can feel and see the difference in your skin immediately, but the only thing is, I prefer to use it overnight because I don't love the way my makeup sits on top of it as a day serum. Go figure!
- REN Instant Firming Beauty Shot: Another one of those immediate-effect types, I love the way I can instantly feel my skin tightening and lifting (in a good way!) whenever I use this serum. I like this as a day serum best.
- REN Overnight Recovery Balm: Ok, I'll fess up, I just ordered this balm, so I haven't tried it yet, but I really love this product line and expect good things from this one. I'll let you know how I like it!
- Colleen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm: For those of you who have really dry skin, or just like something a little more gentle, this cleansing balm is just lovely. I'm sure it's on par with most balms, but I love the way it smells, and I enjoy using it in the shower when I can really get a good steam before applying and wiping it off. My skin feels so good after, that sometimes I don't even need additional moisturizer! It's also great in the morning for this reason!
- Fresh Rose Face Mask: Funny enough, I haven't been using masks as much this winter, and I wonder if it's because most of my product is so good I just don't feel the need! This mask is still my go-to at the moment when I feel like I need a little hydration boost, but I'd love to hear suggestions on some new ones to try!
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum: This serum is my savior in the winter. I apply it anytime, day or night, as thick as I want. It's really light despite the fact that it totally quenches my skin's thirst. It's best to pair with another serum or cream.
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V: If you're not familiar with the cult-like status of this toner, then you have to read all about it in this article on Refinery29 and then go immediately purchase your own. Trust me, it's a game changer. My pores and skin have never felt so good, and it's especially essential in the winter for me!
- The Ordinary "Buffet" Serum: This serum is one of those items that I bought on a whim just wanting to try something new. It's not the most amazing product out there, but for the price, it's pretty fantastic. It ticks all the boxes (hence the name buffet) of ingredients you want to fight signs of aging, and it definitely helps plump and hydrate a bit too. If you're looking for something to replace a basic day cream or night cream type of situation, I'd try this. I'm a big believer in serums over creams anytime, and this one is a nice go-to.
- Mario Badescu Rose Toner Facial Spray: Chances are at least half of you have tried a Mario Badescu product, and most likely it was a toner. (Amiright?). I spray this on my face and neck every morning before diving into my makeup routine to refresh my skin a bit and add a little moisture.
And there you have it! Allllll my current favorites. I'm definitely the type of gal who sticks within a brand if I like their product, so I'll probably keep trying out new items from places like Sunday Riley, REN, and Drunk Elephant! I'm also trying to do better about purchasing 'clean' beauty products as much as possible, so if you have any suggestions for lines you think I might like, or your personal beauty addictions, please leave 'em in the comments!
Now, I'm off to pamper myself with a bit of self-care for the day...