When it comes to secret sources for our clients, one of our favorite spaces to shop is Etsy. It's a goldmine for independent furniture designers, custom pillows, and vintage rugs among many other items. In fact, when it came time to hunt down a media console for my own living room, it was Etsy that came to the rescue.
We discovered Hedgehouse and they did an amazing job creating a custom piece to fit perfectly into our living room.
At the time we ordered it, we had two large cabinets on either side of the console, so the measurements had to be pretty exact, as did the finishes. We specified the base to be in black metal with brass details, and I could not love it more.
After that experience, I started using Etsy more often, and since then have compiled a list of our favorite Etsy shops for interior design. They're where we go to when sourcing for clients and ourselves! Get your bookmarks ready because you're going to want to hold on to these sources...
- Croft House: To say that I'm obsessed with this shop would be an understatement. Every piece they do has a relaxed modern vibe to it, and I have a major thing for this gorgeous chair.
- Habitation Boheme: Consider this mudcloth heaven. We love sourcing pillows from this shop whose styles are a bit more unique.
- Dylan Grey: The detail is in the design at this custom shop - like the beautiful leather top to this simple bar stool.
- Hedgehouse: This shop needs no more introduction, but know that their customization and quality is some of the best I've seen in the industry.
- Old New House: One of the largest selections of well-curated vintage rugs around. If you don't have the time or the eye to hunt for vintage rugs directly, this is your stop.
- Crafts Manhattan: Sometimes the most simple pieces are the hardest to find. I love Crafts Manhattan for their minimal side tables that come in variety of sizes and styles.
- Motif: We love this store for their variety of pillows in designer fabrics.
- Homestead Seattle: A little local love goes out to this vintage shop whose stock of rugs is not to be missed.
- DIY Furniture: With modern lines and custom color bases, DIY is a great source for those who like a little more personality.
- Crosstree: The geometric shapes of their side tables instantly elevate any living room.
- Studio Moe: Their dining chairs are my favorite, but the tables are worth a look as well for their updated mid-century modern vibe.
- Boho Pillow: We love the one-of-a-kind global textiles found at this shop - in fact, I'm seriously debating putting this pillow in our living room right now!
- Wren & Cooper: Along with beautiful furniture pieces, this oversized hex mirror is one of our favorites for its attention to detail.
Do you have any favorite shops that you're willing to share? I'm always on the hunt for more to add to the list!