- Invest in high quality sheets in neutrals. I have at least two sets of all white sheets and a few others that fall into the ‘neutral’ category but have nice trim detail.
- Invest in two duvets to swap between. If you prefer plain – go with linen or something that has great texture. If you’re not afraid of a little print, make sure you’ve set a color scheme for yourself so that you can swap between different sheets, quilts, etc. I love the duvets that have a contrasting band to them like these.
- Now that you’ve got the basics, it’s time to have a little fun. I add lots of extra pillow cases to my sheet collection to add print and pattern, like this set from Nate Berkus for Target or these from Peacock Alley.
- For the finishing touch, a throw pillow or two (maybe three?) will layer things up nicely! I also like to add a throw or quilt into the mix to add a little more pattern to the foot of the bed.
1. schoolhouse electric | 2. pine cone hill hemstitch white sheets | 3. roberta roller rabbit sud cross set | 4. coyuchi organic sheets | 5. west elm linen sheets | 6. serena & lily | 7. parachute home | 8. matteo linen sheets | 9. target percale sheetsWith most of these sources, we love everything they do and you know you’re going to have bed linens that will look good and get better with time. A few exceptions to the rule are the West Elm sheets which – I love the organic and linen options of, but don’t love their basic cotton. Target is the same – the quality in most of their sheets isn’t the highest, but their organic linens are really quite nice.
1. kantha reversible quilt 2. tan pillow with sequin detail | 3. striped chevron pillow | 4. devi blockprint quilt | 5. pinstripe linen quilt | 6. fringe pillow | 7. green ombre pillow | 8. stripe flax linen throwReally the possibilities for quilts and pillows are endless – which is why people hire designers to help make decisions! These just happen to be a few of my favorite neutrals. I definitely love investing in a quality quilt that you can use in the summer months, but for throws that live at the bottom of the bed and aren’t used as much, feel free to skimp a little on quality. Same with the throw pillows (two of these are from Target!). Do you guys have favorite brands that are your go-to for bedding? If you’ve got questions on how we style our own bed, feel free to ask away!