BLACK WALLS + PINK BLOOMS

There’s such a mood change this time of year here in the Pacific Northwest. The mornings start off foggy and quite chilly, the streets are a bit more quiet – save for a few sunny weekends. But, maybe most noticeable in my world lately is a return to muted colors.

Yesterday when we were shooting my apartment I couldn’t help thinking how ‘spring’ it looks in here. Bursts of coral and aqua feel so out of place in our current fall palette of golden browns and greys. Not to worry – I certainly won’t be changing up my interior (at least too much) to fit in more with the season, but I have been feeling a tug towards a bit more of this lately…

domino magazine black and brass bar

Black black black. Not surprising, since half my wardrobe is this color. But we’re talking all over, cloak yourself in this goodness black…

jenni-kayne-architectural-digest

sleek black manhattan living room by mark cunningham

The funny thing I’ve noticed about so many interiors that feature this color? Pink blossoms. Apparently they are a requirement. Perhaps to allow the spaces to feel a bit less masculine? But why stop there when you could have this!?

www.47parkavenue.co.uk farrow&ball off black painted walls

Yes, pink flowers, but also a dusty pink sofa. With warm wood detail. And a freaking amazing chandelier. I’m sold.

images :: domino // jenni kayne in architectural digest // mark cunningham in elle decor // 47 park ave

18 responses on “BLACK WALLS + PINK BLOOMS

1. Lauren Jade

I did a post on this recently. I love love love the look of black walls, in editorials. I think in real life application it could be hard to pull off unless you had the luxury of space and ability to completely redecorate. I’m still working on the man for a black blue hue for our bedroom wall…he says it’ll be cave-like. We’ll see how wins ;) great post!

2. cozbijean

love black walls! we painted our bathroom, walls+ceiling, a midnight charcoal and it’s amazing with all the typical washroom whites. of course, our entire house is whites and grays and blacks :)

3. Ashe

I’m such a sucker for a beautifully thought out, black interior. Blossoms just make it all the more dreamy. Definitely on my to-do list. ♥︎

4. franki

I’m there. Just did a mostly black/grey kitchen…and you know…it feels so right!! I use dishes (my downfall) to give color spots here there and EVERYWHERE! Yay! franki

5. Alecia

no joke I just wrote about this too! I always thought I was a white/cream/neutral kind of gal – but I am really digging darker accent walls these days. I really am toying with the idea of painting a black wall – hope I get enough guts to go through with it. we are totally on the same page with this.

6. Diana

I’ll admit I’m not one for dark spaces, but I completely agree the pink softens these dramatic spaces. I could do black walls and a peony colored couch :)

7. setefb

Magnifique les murs en noirs profond ,rien de mieux pour jouer avec les reliefs ,j’y penserais dans mes nouvelles déco !!