HEAVEN, FOUND.

Remember when I first got my new office space back in September? I was thrilled at the prospect of having a place to work outside of the house. I was also very aware that it would take some serious effort to get me to go there on a regular basis. To me, the main purpose was to have a space I could shoot in, hold meetings, and house my interns. But, what I realized over the last few months is that – while the space certainly fulfilled those obligations – it was never really getting used outside of them. Why? Because choosing between being alone in my cozy home where I can keep my pajamas on all day, or being alone in my office which takes time and effort to get to (and is occasionally freezing), well… that’s a no brainer.

So, I never really settled into my space. It’s kinda like dating a guy who you like, but know isn’t really the one. I wasn’t investing too much time or effort into getting comfortable when I had a feeling the perfect fit was still out there somewhere…

coco+kelley pioneer square office_1

The part that’s been truly missing for me was having a space that is not simply useful, but  creative, inspired, and filled with people who I want to see and hang out with every day! Being a solo business owner can be isolating – some days I really wish I had a partner to bounce ideas off of and share the tasks at hand – but the next best thing might be sharing an office space with fellow creatives whose wit, smarts and talents I greatly admire.

So, what’s a girl to do? Welp. I found a new office. And some rad office mates. And guess what? It’s heaven.

coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office

Some of you may recognize the space. For the past few years, it’s belonged to Kelie Grosso of Maison Luxe who we featured in Rue when I was still an editor there! As a good friend of mine, she tipped me off to the fact that she would soon be vacating the space, and I knew immediately that we had to have it.

coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office

coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office

The light and architecture alone almost brings me to tears it’s that good. And Kelie did an amazing job with the space, adding track lighting, sisal carpeting and the prettiest wallpaper. She also left us some storage pieces for now, but as soon as she moves into her new space, we’ll be starting from scratch, which will be quite the endeavor.

coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office

But, perhaps my favorite part of the building is the location. Pioneer Square is the most historical area of downtown Seattle, and it’s on the verge of a major revival. The buildings here are simply stunning, and there’s a great energy in the area right now. Lots of new restaurants are moving in (including my dad’s!) and I’m hoping more retail will follow. Oh, and did I mention that the ballpark is just a few blocks away? Come summertime, this is going to be a fantastic place to be!

coco+kelley pioneer square seattle office

As for my office mates, we have a ridiculously talented group sharing the space, and I can’t wait to properly show them off to all of you. But for now, a brief intro::

Ann DeOtte Kaufman of Iva Jean //  Erin Gainey of the Seattle Design Foundation // Brian Paquette of Brian Paquette Interiors // Danielle Bellert of BDR Studio // Jess Chamberlain of Sunset Magazine

To recap, that means we’ve got a fashion designer with a panache for form-meets-function, a leader of a non-profit foundation for design, a ridiculously talented interior designer, a letterpress fanatic and graphic artist, and a writer for a national mag who is always in the know. And then there’s me. I mean, seriously you guys. I don’t think it gets much better.

Oh, but it might. Because we’d love to have visitors. And anyone in need of using a craft space for a day, or shooting a little look book, or finding a way to use our little space is more than welcome. We’ll have more information and news on that to come, but for now… CHEERS to a bright, beautiful new future in this amazing building and we’ll be bringing you more soon!

59 responses on “HEAVEN, FOUND.

1. Tiffany

Wow Cassandra, this all sounds so amazing, and of course the space LOOKS amazing. I think this was the office you were destined to have! Congratulations.

2. Christy @ My Invisible Crown

Whoa! I mean, WHOA! That space is beyond stunning. Just on another level really. I’m envious a little…well a lot. It’s perfect. For you more than me of course since I would need a kitchen and live in Alabama but congrats!!! I’ve been struggling terribly with the isolation of working alone. It can be almost debilitating. I’ve always wanted to build myself a small studio in little house form in my backyard with the workspace on the bottom and an office above complete with a cute winding staircase to get there but if I could find something like this I’d be in Heaven! Again, congratulations! It looks absolutely perfect. I know you’ll be so happy there. :)

thank you so much christy!! i can completely understand and relate to the isolation of working alone. part of the reason i wanted to write this post was to shed some light on the fact that it’s not just about getting out of the house, but getting out somewhere that motivates you – whether it’s a coffee shop, or a shared office! some of my most productive days come when i just change the environment a bit! good luck finding (or building!) your own happy place!

3. Julie

oh.my.goodness Cassandra! That space is AMAZING! Beyond amazing! The wallpaper, the architecture, the view. Amazing! So happy for you, congrats!

4. Cynthia Zamaria

Your home away from home is simply stunning. What an inspiring place to create. The architecture and the clean white backdrop, and those windows – Oh my! Can I please be your intern? All the best in your new digs.
    Work beautifully, Cynthia.

5. Liz B

I’m going through a ‘not in love with my office space’ right now. So I totally get your excitement at this amazing space.. jee WIZZ!!
    Good luck with the move!
    x

6. Cynthia Zamaria

Work beautifully, Cynthia.

7. Jill

Congratulations Cassandra! Just when you needed a little bit of encouragement to entice you to keep moving forward with your dreams and to pull you out of that funk you felt after your big trip to Africa (We All March On post), this happens! This couldn’t be a better sign to keep up the hard and amazing work! So happy for you!

Jill, you couldn’t be more right. It’s EXACTLY what I need. A new view and some energizing people to share it with! I have a feeling this will be a very good move for me! Thank you for your encouragement!!

8. Krista

Ah-mazing space. I mean, seriously, it does not get any better than that… and your office mates!! So, so happy for all of you. Being able to work in such a beautifully inspiring place will be incredible. And just think of the creative collaborations that will happen between you guys! I’m definitely coming to visit next time I’m in Seattle to see my sister. Congrats!
    xo
    Krista

9. Janice

This is beyond gorgeous, really stunning!! I can’t wait to see what you do with it…and since I live near Seattle I know what a great spot that is! Congratulations!

10. Christina

OMG that space is amazing! I too am a solo business owner/blogger and completely understand the feeling of being isolated. I’m also a stay at home mom and so I really know the feeling of wanting to be surrounded by creatives – a 10month old doesn’t count ;) Congrats on such a beautiful space, I don’t know how much more creative you can get since you’re already so creative and inspiring but I’m guessing that this space will definitely be a huge inspiration to work in :)

1. Annie

How totally exciting!! You know, maybe I shouldn’t say this… but when you shared the pictures of the last space… something about it just wasn’t working, it was evident. Like you wanted to be loving it, but you weren’t really sure you were. In contrast, this space and your genuine giddiness over it seems like the real deal. The space is sort of epic, and I’m excited for you that you found it!

11. Michelle

AHAHAH! I freaking just died. Girl, you are rocking it hard. First of all congratulations on this amazing space, and on your pretty rocking line up of office mates. My dream is to have a space like this with amazing people to share it with. I am living vicariously through you :)

12. Juliane at Modern Mural

What a stunning space. The arched windows are amazing. So exciting that you finally found your space! It is so important to have a welcoming space for creativity and hard word. I’m so glad you’ve found yours!

13. Sarah's Fab Day

Love it! Such a wonderful space and filled with creatives? Who could ask for more. Maison Luxe was one of my favorite stores when I’ve visited Seattle, lucky girl to get her old spot. Congrats!

14. Maggie Rose

Shut up! It’s perfect! I’ve loved this space since Kelie first shared pics of it on her blog, and have the Rue images saved for office inspiration as well. Definitely coming by for a visit (Ryan’s office is right nearby so I’m down that way semi-often. There is an amazing sandwich place very close called Delicatus (sandwiches are yummy, the boys are cute, it’s a win win).

15. Alyse Hufford

Absolutely stunning! I can’t get over all that light filled space. Something we all seek in grey Seattle. Best of luck to you in your new space and I can’t wait for your family’s restaurant to open.

16. Dyanna Littke

Since yesterday I was so looking forward to reading this post! So excited for you! And I will definitely have to visit. The light and architecture are perfect for your endeavors- a dream come true!

17. Jordan Bariesheff

Oh, the walls, the white & the windows! It looks like it has everything. And a great idea going in with others for a creative sounding board and sharing the rent. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out for you. If I lived in the area, I’d definitely be hiring for some awesome photography lighting : )

18. Tammie Burton

Wow! The space is stunning!! Can’t wait to see what adventures await you in your new space. Congrats!!

19. Preciously Me

Really a dreamy space and a dreamy office!
    It’s amazing, love the bones of the room and the wallpaper you chose is gorgeous!
    It’s great to see that now you have a real place to work, that your dream came true, it really makes me want to go out of my comfort zone to achieve mine …!

20. Franki

GOOD Heavens!! It is positively perfect. I just got “shivers” looking at the windows alone and the view…EEEkk!! GOOD for YOU!! franki

21. Michelle Baron

Love the new space and your way of thinking about the office space and the need to have creative people around you! Best of luck to all of you and can’t wait to hear more!!

22. Katie

Wow! seems to be the word of the moment. What a fantastic office space (I can’t imagine it could get much better!) and what a talented group of office mates. Cheers to you for making it happen! xo

23. Tiffany D'Souza

WOW! this place is pure heaven. Good luck to you and your new mates on this exciting and new adventure Cassandra! At times a change in the environment is all you need for a grea spark of inspiration. Once again, Congrats!

24. Lisa | Happy By

Wow! I could move to Seattle for this place (but I have to cross an ocean first). But again, you deserve it girl. I applause for listening to your inner voice and feeling and not invest in the previous place and wait for the right one. Looking forward to updates from the bright future of this girl’s dream :)

25. Tamara

We are going to be neighbors!!
    That is so awesome! This neighborhood keeps getting better and better. I want to take you and Brian out for a drink at Bar Sajor some time…

26. Uncle Beefy

So exciting and so perfect! For you, for Kelie, for the whole group o’ ya’! And, hey, at least I can walk to this one from the ferry. So, y’know, thanks for thinking of me in the process. ;) xo

27. Caitlin

This space is AMAZING!! If I still lived in Seattle I would be beggin’ to be a part of this creative haven!