OWNED :: FACE TIME

There’s nothing like a long trip without your favorite beauty products to make you appreciate them even more! When I was packing for Africa, I had to be pretty aware of the weight limit with my bags, which meant one thing: my plethora of product was staying at home. I pared it down to the essentials and crossed my fingers that my skin would cooperate. It managed to survive, but wasn’t nearly as happy as it would have been if I could have packed all of these…

coco+kelley face beauty product picksWhen I started the ‘owned’ series last month I wondered how I’d manage to keep it up, but the more I look around the more I realize there are plenty of favorite products and purchases around the house that I’m dying to share with you. Beauty has never been my strongest point, but I’ve been lucky enough to be able to test out many products and these ones have stuck with me!

For gentle cleansing in the morning, I love this ultra-gentle face wash from Harman London. Most of you are probably familiar with Cetaphil? It feels similar, but like it’s actually getting the dirt off. For my everyday wash, I’ve used Origins Checks and Balances forever, and will probably continue to do so until the end of time. A more recent acquisition, I’ve been loving the Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser when I need a little more oomph in my cleansing routine. And, maybe once a week, I indulge in another product that I’ve used forever, Dr. Brandt’s Microdermabrasion for some serious scrubbing.

Some extras that I’d highly recommend are Nude’s Cellular Renewal Serum, which is currently being redeveloped and I am dying because I’m almost out of it and I might cry if I can’t get my hands on more soon! Whenever I get back from a trip, I slather this stuff all over my dehydrated damaged skin, and my face is instantly happy. Another goodie that I can’t live without is the Brightening Mask from June Jacobs. If you’re not familiar with this line, I highly recommend checking it out! And last, but certainly not least, my favorite simple sunscreen from Kiehl’s. You better believe this came to Africa with me!

You’ll notice that this list is totally lacking in moisturizers. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect day and night cream. Any recommendations?

21 responses on “OWNED :: FACE TIME

1. Alyssa

I love the Dermalogica cleanser! As far as mosturizers go, I’ve always relied on Olay. I have never gotten a sunburn using their complete spf lotion! I swear by it’s effectiveness and price!

glitterandgapske.blogspot.com

2. Kelly

Premier by Dead Sea makes an amazing night cream. People tell me my skin is glowing since I started using it. You can find it online, and some malls have a special kiosk of Dead Sea products.

3. Nealey@dixiecaviar.com

I am a total product junkie! I’ve been lucky enough to try tons of crazy products ranging from Babor’s Sea Creation cream (stupid amazing, stupid expensive) to La Mer to Olay, and everything in between, but no lie, when i started using Colonial Dames vitamin E cream per a Celeb dermatologist recommendation, my skin has NEVER looked better. It’s like $13 on Amazon, and it makes my skin as soft and smooth as a 12 year olds. I highly recommend it!!

4. Kay Smith

Hi. What would be really awesome and helpful would be to know WHY you actually like those products. I find that I just don’t know what it does to your skin, what age group you’re in, and how maybe a different product might do differently. I’d love, especially, to know why you like the brightener. Does it really brighten or does it maybe just make your skin feel better. And was your skin dull? My skin is dull now and used to be beautiful! So when I was younger, it didn’t really matter what I used because my skin was nice. But now it’d be great to have something that actually did brighten it, not just take my money! :) Thank you SO MUCH!

Hi Kay! The reason I like ALL of these products is that they all do exactly what I’ve written below them. The brightener actually brightens (and gets rid of redness), the serum soaks in really nicely, but is light as well, so I can layer moisturizer over it without feeling like things are getting all clogged in there. I’m 33, and I’d say I have combination skin. It prefers the summer to winter for sure, so it feels much more dull this time of year, as well as dry!

5. Dianna

I started using Kiehl’s Rosa Artica Lightweight Cream at night a few months ago and it has made a difference in my skin. Their Midnight Recovery products are great as well!

6. Meghan

I recently converted to the beauty of facial oils! I have combo skin and thought it would be terrible for me, but I’m now a really big fan of argan oil (Acure Organics makes a great one, and Josie Maran is well-known for hers) because it soaks in quickly (no actual ‘oily’ feel) and moisturizes really well. Lots of people like jojoba oil for the same reason. Acure Organics also makes a great night cream!

7. Lilly

Great products! Can you tell me the ingredients in the Harman London product? I can’t seem to find a list anywhere online.