ADVENTURE AWAITS

Do you ever get the feeling that your life is moving you in a direction completely out of your control? It’s really quite wonderful, actually.

Lately, I’ve had this feeling of momentum where things are just happening.  It doesn’t mean I’m not a part of it too – we don’t just sit back and wait for fate or fortune to find us, we have to work at it to a certain extent – but once we put ourselves out there, raising our expectations or challenging our limits… life has a funny way of bringing us all kinds of opportunities.

lily cole dreams

It’s not just the anticipation of a life-changing trip on the horizon, but honestly, so many little things have been coming my way that are pushing me into new territory and daring me to say yes to things a bit outside my comfort zone. But what I’m realizing is that everything I’ve done up to this moment has prepared me for them. I feel like my experiences have empowered me to take bold steps, act without hesitation, ask the right questions, and make strong decisions.

tumblr_mckhvbT8W71qfdq4vo1_1280

Yes, my friends, I think there are some big wonderful things before me. What they are? I have no idea. A little scary? Yes. But shouldn’t it be? Adventures always are…

*images :: koray  birand for harpers bazaar // kendra spears vogue paris

30 responses on “ADVENTURE AWAITS

1. Nikki Rappaport

This is so exciting for you. I know the feeling right now and it’s just nice when things come together and you can just ride it out for a short minute. Can’t wait to hear what’s in store for you!

2. Chloe Moon

YEAH!! Good luck on your possible future adventures!! Oooo I love that quote…it is true! I have to right that down somewhere and remember it!! =)

Have a great weekend!!

3. Kristen

Such a great, inspirational message for a Friday afternoon! One of my goals for this year is to live with my feet off the ground a little more often, and you raise a great point here that sometimes you have to trust in the groundwork that you’d laid to support you in those times when you’re in unfamiliar territory! Enjoy the adventure :)

4. Naomi (Design Manifest)

Oh hell yes. I am so in the same place right now, Sister! You have truly captured the sentiment with your post here. I keep saying how I’m excited and a little nervous for these new adventures I’m facing. Mostly excited!

5. Fiona McBree

CONGRATS on what the immediate future holds! We all have life but how many of us are truly “living” these days? Another quote I love is “I’m prepared to go anywhere… as long as it’s forward.” Love your blog. Keep it up girl, you’re an inspiration. xo

6. Annie

Such a beautiful post and so aligns with how I’ve been feeling about my life as well. It’s just kind of like.. you open yourself up to the world, and all of a sudden the universe responds, sending all these things your way, bringing them to you, and making you feel as though they just happened. Except of course it was your opening yourself up that allowed them to come.

7. Preciously Me

I understand you because today I dare to dream and want to go out of my “comfort zone”!
    I’m afraid of the unknown but it’s so exciting!!!
    And I’m convinced that to go forward you have to take risks …
    So good luck!

8. Tanya

Saying “yes” to wonderful possibilities is always a good thing! It warms my heart to see young women saying “yes” without trepidation. Have a fab 2013!

9. Becca

This post sums up SO much of what I’m feeling right now! I think if we don’t take some chances and live a bit outside of our comfort zone at times we won’t be able to experience all of the things that we could. It’s not always easy, but it’s exciting! I can’t wait to see what comes your way.