WHAT TO WEAR :: NEW YEAR’S EVE

The few times that I’ve gotten all dolled up for New Year’s Eve, it’s always been black black black. It’s classy, it’s sophisticated, it’s easy…and I’m tired of it. So this year, I’ve got a little number that packs some serious punch…

Forget pretty – I want edgy. Give me some serious shoulders and hip-hugging shape!

Set your sights (and your hair) sky high for the new year, and break all the rules by mixing metallics and styles. Anything goes as long as its fun and fabulous!

I recommend party-hopping with your own personal photo booth backdrop. Consider it your most essential accessory for the evening. (pssst – we’ll show you how to make these tomorrow!)

Now go find someone to smooch at midnight, and have a fantastical New Year’s Eve, loves!!

*shop: dress by mackage (no longer available). get a similar look here, here, here, here or here // necklace and ring at bauble bar // earrings and bracelet vintage // heels steve madden (no longer available). get a similar look with these or these

*photography by michelle moore // hair + makeup by jamyrlyn mallory

22 responses on “WHAT TO WEAR :: NEW YEAR’S EVE

1. Bekah

Stunning! Like Serena Van der Woodsen stunning. Out of the (black) box, but still classy with a bit of edge.

Do we get a hair tutorial, too? B/c I’m loving that look but have no clue how to pull it off.

2. Callie Grayson

That last photo of you is fabulous!
    I too have tired of the little black dress. For my holiday party this year I wore a gold dress and it was a huge hit, quite the venture for me. but I look forward to more adventurous dress wearing in the future. Thanks for the links to purchase new dresses.
    Xx
    Callie

3. Inge - Simply Fabulous Chic

Cassandra, you look absolutely stunning in that cool dress! And you’re absolutely right! I will wear a bronze colored dress full with sequins. You can’t glitter too much on New Year’s Eve, right? ;-) Have a great and sparkling 2013!!
    Inge x

4. Tobi

You are absolutely gorgeous and adorable! I love seeing your beautiful and fashionable photos and especially your amazing smile! It is great to see you so happy and inspired.

Can’t wait to see more great things from you in 2013. It seems like you are on a roll and I know next year will be your best year yet!

Wishing you many blessings, much happiness and loads of prosperity in 2013 my friend!! I hope to see you soon.

xoxo, Tobi

5. Yana

That dress is really awesome! You are right it looks a bit edgy, but it’s glamorous and it shows off your curves. Really nice outfit.

6. Diana

That dress is amazing, and you look stunning in it! I went with white for New Year’s Eve too and I stood out form everyone. It’s my favorite color to wear! Hope you had a great night!