CITY GARDENING

While I’m certainly not ready for the responsibilities of a yard yet, and will fully admit to killing my houseplants upon occasion (my constant travel is hard on them!), I still have serious cravings for a little greenhouse of my own someday. I’m fairly obsessed with the notion, actually, which is why I’m kind of in love with this mini version…

Way better than a cloche or terrarium for inside the apartment, this little guy is just the right size for real plants and a city patio. I’m pretty much in love. It seems like a cool way to convert a vintage cabinet, right?
How do you garden in the city? Are you lucky enough to have a little patio space to fill with greens?
*image via skona hem

15 responses on “CITY GARDENING

1. monsterscircus

That’s a really brilliant idea, and great for people without garden! Thanks for the inspiration, have a wonderful Day.

2. Elba Valverde

In big cities the balcony and stairs are your best friends. Your mini garden is soo pretty too and a great idea, thanks for sharing.

3. Melissa Cahoon

I keep telling myself that I’m going to grow herbs in my living room on the huge windowsill and I just need to DO it. Although I’ve heard succulents are pretty hard to kill, maybe I should start there… Ha! Love this patio and greenhouse!

4. How2home

This is such a lovely idea! Who says you can’t garden when you live in a condo/apartment right!! Did you plant any herbs in the cabinet? Have you seen tried the vertical garden (www.eieihome.com/blog/do-it-yourself-vertical-gardens.html) this would look amazing too!

5. katieokeefeblog

When we lived in an apartment, I packed our little balcony with a ton of herbs. The door was right by our kitchen so the breeze would always bring the gorgeous scents inside. I love this terrarium though – would look darling on any patio!

6. Anathalia

Oh, how pretty! I started my first herb garden about a month ago and so far so good. Hope it lasts, I’m very bad with plants…

7. Allison {Halcyon Style}

I wish I had even the teeniest of balconies for city gardening! That greenhouse is adorable. I can’t keep house plants alive to save my life but I’m confident that I could tackle the outdoor variety.

8. Amberly

That little greenhouse is SO adorable! I’ve never seen one like that! I just put together and “herb wall” in my kitchen, and I’m hoping the plants do well!