CITY GARDENING

While I’m certainly not ready for the responsibilities of a yard yet, and will fully admit to killing my houseplants upon occasion (my constant travel is hard on them!), I still have serious cravings for a little greenhouse of my own someday. I’m fairly obsessed with the notion, actually, which is why I’m kind of in love with this mini version…

Way better than a cloche or terrarium for inside the apartment, this little guy is just the right size for real plants and a city patio. I’m pretty much in love. It seems like a cool way to convert a vintage cabinet, right?
How do you garden in the city? Are you lucky enough to have a little patio space to fill with greens?
*image via skona hem

15 responses on “CITY GARDENING

1. monsterscircus

That’s a really brilliant idea, and great for people without garden! Thanks for the inspiration, have a wonderful Day.

2. Allison {Halcyon Style}

I wish I had even the teeniest of balconies for city gardening! That greenhouse is adorable. I can’t keep house plants alive to save my life but I’m confident that I could tackle the outdoor variety.

3. Anathalia

Oh, how pretty! I started my first herb garden about a month ago and so far so good. Hope it lasts, I’m very bad with plants…

4. katieokeefeblog

When we lived in an apartment, I packed our little balcony with a ton of herbs. The door was right by our kitchen so the breeze would always bring the gorgeous scents inside. I love this terrarium though – would look darling on any patio!

5. How2home

This is such a lovely idea! Who says you can’t garden when you live in a condo/apartment right!! Did you plant any herbs in the cabinet? Have you seen tried the vertical garden (www.eieihome.com/blog/do-it-yourself-vertical-gardens.html) this would look amazing too!

6. Melissa Cahoon

I keep telling myself that I’m going to grow herbs in my living room on the huge windowsill and I just need to DO it. Although I’ve heard succulents are pretty hard to kill, maybe I should start there… Ha! Love this patio and greenhouse!

7. Elba Valverde

In big cities the balcony and stairs are your best friends. Your mini garden is soo pretty too and a great idea, thanks for sharing.

8. Amberly

That little greenhouse is SO adorable! I’ve never seen one like that! I just put together and “herb wall” in my kitchen, and I’m hoping the plants do well!