MY HOME SWEET HOME!

Hopefully most of you had a chance to check out the latest Rue this weekend and see my place that I’ve been talking about forever. The apartment is finished (well, as finished as a designer’s space ever is), and I’m so very happy to finally be enjoying it! Yes there will still be plenty of little updates here and there, but for now …. here she is!

Many of you have been asking for resources, and I’m happy to say that all of them are in the magazine – when you click on an item, if there is a source for it it will take you right there! But, to thank the many sponsors and stores that I had in helping to put this house together, I’m listing them all at the bottom of this post!

The little bar in my bookshelves might be one of my favorite details. As much as I love designing, my favorite part of any home is styling it all. It’s my greatest strength and passion. Those bookshelves took hours to put together!

A little DIY – the gold gilding around the door frames for the closets in the hallway. There are literally four doors in this small area – two are closets, one goes to the bedroom one to the bathroom and one is the front door. We painted the closets to help make things a little more intuitional.

And then there’s the bedroom. My beautiful little oasis…

When it’s actually clean, it’s my favorite room in the house. It’s soothing and serene… and my bed is very hard to get out of in the morning!

Sources!! (If I’ve missed anything, just ask!)

Living Room
1. Sofa by C.R. Laine  2. Rug from Rugs USA 3. Armchairs from Crate & Barrel 4. Bookshelves by Crate & Barrel  5. Desk from West Elm  6.  TV Cabinet from Home Decorators  7. Brass Trunk from 1st Choice Modern  8. Pagoda Pillow and Leopard Print Tray from Furbish  9. Yellow Pillow from West Elm  10. Orange Block Print Pillow from Cost Plus  11. Blue Dot Pillow from Ikea  12.  Green Pouf from Maison Luxe  13. Holla Sign by Oh Dier  14.  Floor Lamp at Lamps Plus 15. Artwork by coco+kelley

Dining Room
1. Table by Crate & Barrel  2. Buffet at West Elm  3. Chandelier at Z Gallerie  4. Lamps at Lamps Plus  5. Chinese Urns from Eastern Goods  6. Table Setting by West Elm

Bedroom
1. Artwork by Jennifer Ament  2. Headboard by Serena & Lily  3. Dresser by Nurseryworks  4. Chandelier by Crystorama  5. Lamp from Lamps Plus  6. Drapes by Crate & Barrel  7. Palm Pillow by Whitlock & Co.

*all the beautiful photography by belathee

60 responses on “MY HOME SWEET HOME!

1. Tiffany @ Savor Home

I saw your home in the magazine this weekend I LOVE it! It looks so warm and full of personality. Did you paint the walls? If so, what paint color did you use?

2. Brooke

Such a great space, I love your dinning area. I have been searching for a brass lamp like your living room floor stander in Australia for ages.

3. Marie (Mrs. Dalrymple)

Congratulations Cassandra – it’s beautiful. It’s so fresh and light and airy. I love it.
    Best,
    Marie

4. christine {bijouandboheme}

So pretty! I love, love what you did with the doors- have been suggesting something similar to a client of mine who literally has a row of like 5 doors in her entrance. Your bedroom is beyond gorgeous- adore the leaf pillow and campaign side table!

5. house of earnest

I was so excited to see your apt finally in Rue! It’s beautiful and unique. I especially love all of the attention to the small details. The crystal in your bar, gold trim on the door, and fabulous light in the bedroom. It’s wonderful! Congrats on it’s debut!

6. jentertaining

am loving the bookshelf bar and the gold trim on the door–so simple and yet the perfect details. Beautiful space!

7. Angeline

Oh, I love the sofa! and the beautiful gold/brass touches – like the trim on the door – and the “coffee table” – thank you for sharing!

8. Dawna

It’s beautiful I love all the gold accents especially the gold trunk it’s to die for!
    dawnajonesdesign.com

9. cassandra @ coco kelley

@anons – the duvet is from west elm and i don’t believe it’s available any more! the half circle table i purchased on a one king’s lane sale.

@tiffany – the walls are actually the color that they were when i moved in! i loved it so much i kept it! i can try and find out the color for you!

thank you all for your sweet comments so far!!

10. mikky

Your pad looks fantastic! So many great details, I love the gold trim on your doors, that fab ceiling lamp in your bedroom, the cool framed mask (I pinned that one) and so much more. You gotta post a close up of those bookshelves so we can see your hours of work. btw, that pink jar is pretty too. Ok, I could go on and on, but I will stop. Your place looks great.
    mikky

11. Mandi

That headboard is so beautiful! I love all the white in your apartment – gives it a fresh, airy vibe. Your bar nook is adorbs too!

12. LindseyLeona

LOVE your beautiful space. I did link over to Rue and sending some HUGE congrats to you:) The gold accents are my fav: Gold trim on door, gold trunk…so many fun places! Your mix of styles is truly your own and thank you for sharing!

13. Tina Riddell (living fresh)

Fabulously done Cassandra! A perfect little space for living and working! I bet it feels great to come home to so much gorgeousness!

14. Shorely Chic

LOVED every little bit of your abode and how it just seems so collected from different parts of your life – uber chic!

15. Sensy~Style

You wouldn’t believe how much I was waiting for the Rue issue- from your ‘Halfawy There’ sneak pics of the apartment, I am in awe of the final works! I think I just about Pinned all of your house on Pinterest!
    You are a real talent, Cassandra

16. LESAPEA MUSINGS

Bravo on a fab job. I love the touches of gold very much. I am now heading over to Rue to check out what you gals have been up to. Happy Day.

Lisa x

17. null

I love your bed!!!!!!! I adore black and white decor (so underrated) and padded headboards. I did not notice the lighting fixture at first, but the more I look at it, the more I love how big an impact it can have on the entire room. My husband and I are currently redoing our bedroom. I want a white, gray and black monochromatic room, but he is not the biggest fan. (but I already bought the white sheets and matching duvet from http://www.thomasleeltd.com/sheets.cfm hehehehe)

Now I am just searching for my dream black and white striped fabric headboard!

18. My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER

It all looks beautiful!! Congrats and thanks for the sources…

Julie
    Shelter

19. Jennifer Ament

Thanks so much dear friend for including me on this awesomely awesome adventure!! I adore you! You and your place are beauties…XO

20. null

i am IN LOVE with your apartment! all the colors and the gold accents…so well done. where did you find that perfect drippy coral and gold painting that is in your dining room? need it in my life.

21. Naomi@DesignManifest

Cassandra,

I just had to pop over to say congrats and I adore your space. You did such a great job editing. I love that its clean and neutral yet still playful, colorful and vibrant.

I’m so tempted to mimic your sofa detailing. And the bedroom chandy is divine!

22. Rose Smith

Simple, modern and cozy! This is a nice place to bond with family and friends. Thanks for sharing!

23. lily

I’m hope I’m not too late on this, but could you tell me where oh where you found that beautiful storage piece that your espresso machine rests upon? I didn’t see that information anywhere and I really loved its scale and style.

24. cassandra @ coco kelley

hi lily! the piece is oly – unfortunately they no longer make it :(

all the art is by jennifer ament, except the pieces above the sofa which i did myself!

25. Brillante Interiors

It reflects your personality, I love the choice of colors and the details. Well done, until you change everything again :)

26. Korri

Love your home. Where did you find the mirror above your buffet? And, the painting in your dinning room?

27. Kate

So absolutely head over heels in love with this apartment — it is truly my favorite home tour (ever)! Where is the settee that goes with your dining table from? It is the perfect size/silhouette!