RE:INSPIRED

On the heels of today’s post, I feel a need to surround myself with things that are going to jumpstart my motivation. But I don’t think my inspiration board is big enough…
williamwaldron_nateberkus_elledecor
I need a whole dang wall! Such a dream! Right now I divide my teeny board into overall inspiration and client projects, with a little space along the bottom for personal stuff (like photos and invitations to events). This is like… quadruple that space. I’ve got to figure out a way to replicate it (even if it is on a smaller scale) in my home!

*image by william waldron for elle decor

22 responses on “RE:INSPIRED

1. Nancy

What is it about inspiration? Or is it motivation? Sometimes I just need a good kick , or a stick of dynamite to turn my inspirations into actual finished projects…thanks for prodding me!
    Nancy
    PowellBrowerHome.com

2. Kilee

Yes! I would love to have a whole inspiration wall. I did that one time in college. I posted a whole wall with magazine ADS that I liked.

3. Sarah the Stylist

One of my friends who is a makeup artist, author and visionary has a massive frame the size of a wall that has a corkboard inside. It’s filled with her dreams and visions for her life. Inspiring!

Cable Car Couture

4. null

The pictured wall is grass cloth and then trimmed with ribbon along the edges, nailheads are added every couple inches to make more glamorous.

Hope this helps for everyones inspiration boards!

5. Kimberly

Oh my gosh! I would love to have that inspiration board! My online blog folders just aren’t very inspiring, you know?

6. Bettina

I think I’ve seen this same office setup on Pinterest and have pinned it hoping to replicate something similar at home. It’s truly such a great space the width of that board is ahhhmazing! Take a picture and post about it if you are able to recreate!

7. Brighton

Oh i agree this would be fabulous – I would need a whole wall as well and THEN Some! Plus, I’d need some very temporary tape/adhesive because my ideas are always changing/evolving.

Thanks for sharing! I’d love to see YOUR space :)

8. Karena

Cassandra I need more space as well, never enough room for all of these percolating ideas!

xoxo
    Karena

Art by Karena

9. Shannon

when i was growing up one whole wall in the kitchen (a large wall) and a bit around the corner was ALL CORK BOARD…it was made of 12×12 squares of cork…the entire wall. It held our art!

My mom was ahead of the times :)

10. Jill

Great office space! The inspiration board is amazing! I love how the printer is hidden too. I think this is an idea I need to try.
    Jill

11. cassandra @ coco kelley

ladies, project cork wall is in full effect. i think this one might even be covered in a burlap? which means cork burlap and i’m sure a DIY disaster, but i’m going to go for it. stay tuned!!

12. Heartfire At Home

Aah, brilliant! I’d love to have the spot to do just that. It’s all very neat and tidy too!

Linda. :)

13. null

This same image inspired me to create my own wall. I purchased a sheet of homasote (sound insulation) from Dixieline for $26 and burlap for $12 at a discount fabric store in San Diego. We put up a few wall anchors and drilled through the board and now have an 8×6 bulletin board for under $50!