THE OVERHYPED CHRISTMAS TREE REVEAL!

When I posted my Christmas tree inspiration (right here) in the beginning of December, I had lofty ambitions. Unfortunately, time and budget got the best of me and I couldn’t quite pull together the vision I had in mind.

When I finally spent some time last week hunting for the perfect ornaments, I realized that unless I wanted to drop at a few hundred bucks on new decorations, I was going to have to settle for indulging in just a few new ornaments and trim instead. Which is just what I did…
IMG_3378
First of all – the tree itself was sent to me by Treetopia, was incredibly easy to put together, and afforded me the chance to get a little risky and indulge in a black tree!

I knew I wanted to go with black, whites and metallics, so I started with the ornaments I already had…
black christmas tree decor
Gold, white, cream and silver balls, icicles and snowflakes were all on hand. I added the ‘confetti’ ornaments from Crate & Barrel to match the white pom pom ribbon trim. Then I realized I needed a thicker garland and layered on the black+cream striped ribbon too.
IMG_3362
I bought the tassels when I thought I still might be able to go in my Indochine inspired direction. I kept them anyway.
IMG_3356
IMG_3376
Flanking the tree with my new chairs (from Z Gallerie) and their glittery pillows cozied things up a bit – something you kinda need to do with a black tree. Lesson learned? A theme tree means going big or going home… maybe next year I’ll go bigger, but for now I’m perfectly happy with this dramatic new addition for the living room.

45 responses on “THE OVERHYPED CHRISTMAS TREE REVEAL!

1. Lilly

I did not know I could love a black tree so much! It’s lovely! Great job decorating it:) xo
    PS: I love the gold tassels too!

2. Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy}

Just popped over from Bright Bazaar and I love your tree! I have a similar colour scheme going (black, white, silver, gold – and striped ribbon!) but have combined it with leopard print :) Sounds bizarre, strangely works I think…

I have been thinking about a black tree for the last couple years and this has tipped me over the edge. So want one for next year now! xx

3. Suzy { Inspire Me Now }

We have a black tree too (still have to derorate it yet though, whoops!)

P.S, Love the gold cushion.

4. Dana {Southern Inspired}

It’s GORGEOUS! Love the black/white stripe ribbon – it definitely makes it all come together!

5. Elizabeth

How is that I, Elizabeth “Paint it Black” Lockhart, had no idea there was such a thing as a black Christmas tree? LOVE it.

6. strataflora.com

That black tree is AWESOME!!! Love how you decorated it too – and the placement next to that cream colored chair really sets it off! :)

7. house of earnest

It looks fabulous!! You shouldn’t have the disclaimer, a tree that beautiful doesn’t deserve it!

8. DANDY VON NÃœTZEN

love your tree, if you’re stil thinking about adding something pastel to it, try with couple of nice pastel bow’s or ribbons, they always look fancy!

9. Belle Maison Et Moi

Obsessed! Love it, you should be very proud of how it all came together. Looks gorg! I’m still toying with the idea of a white tree this year, but will likely play it safe and go traditional. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Alicia

10. Paulette @ At Home in Arkansas magazine

I had reservations about a black Christmas tree. But, of course, you pulled it off with aplomb! Fabulous! I see a glam tree (and perhaps those chairs too?) in my holiday future.

Thanks for the inspiration, as always.

11. Krissy (Shimmer Like Gold)

Your tree turned out really lovely! I’ve been wanting a white tree for years (and if I had somewhere to store it in the off season, I’d be all over it), but you might have convinced me to go black! Yours looks elegant, sophisticated and super duper stylish.

12. cassandra @ coco kelley

you guys are the BEST!! such sweet comments and i’m glad i changed some of your minds about a black tree. i was a bit nervous myself, and must say that it IS a little overpowering in the room, but it sure does make a statement! now that she’s all decked out, i really love the way she looks!

13. Will @ Bright.Bazaar

Girl, are you serious? You ACED it! Honestly, it looks great. Love the black and white stripe ribbon – graphic and striking. Plus, I could do with taking some photography tips from you. ;) xo

14. Emily @ Little Bits of Delight

I’ve never thought to use ribbon that way! It’s perfect (and will go on my pin board!) ♥

15. marcie

Stunning! Now this is a “custom” tree worthy of sharing. Because it’s black, this is now one of the best themed trees I’ve ever seen. Fabulous job!

16. Pingback: MISS BLACK